Saturday, March 27, 2010

spring cleaning?

It IS spring even if it doesn't necessarily feel or look like it much this week in the PNW. But hey that is the PNW for ya. I wouldn't call myself a hoarder (except when it comes to yarn, but we all have our addictions right? Right?!) but I do have a hard time throwing things away. I always worry it's important or that even if I haven't used it in three years that as soon as it's gone I will suddenly need it like right. now! I have actually had that happen before which just makes that neurosis even worse. I hate clutter and yet my house feels filled with clutter and not much else. It doesn't help that we literally have no storage space at all so things just kind of fall on the floor or the kitchen counter, or the one teeny hall closet of doom. It drives me nuts but I have no idea how to clear out the clutter and organize. Then on top of that it seems to take extra money to get organized and that drives me crazy too.

So how do you motivate a bunch of kids and a lazy mom? A contest of course! It will b a race to see who can get their room the cleanest the fastest and gather up the most items for donation/garage sale. I guess we'll see how it goes once I get off my bum and crank up some tunes!

2 comments:

  1. I'm right there with you on the hoarding certain things, I've even kept something and kept it and kept it and kept it and kept it and then finally gotten rid of it only to go looking for it a little while later because there's this thing I'm working on that would just fit that thing that I threw out a little while ago...

    it's a grrr argh moment for sure. I live with a type A personality so we do our spring cleaning and fall cleaning pretty regular

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure if I am type A but I am spastic and we do spring & fall cleaning plus I like to rearrange all the furniture every 6 months or so. One day I'll find an arrangement I like and leave it alone, maybe.

    ReplyDelete