Sunday, March 21, 2010

Bye Bye Winter!

Yesterday was the first day of spring and it was just gorgeous! At least over here in the PNW, I here some parts of the midwest got a nice dousing of snow. Mother Nature got back at us a little and covered us in clouds and rain today but whatever, I have to be inside knitting anyways. So many projects so very little time to finish them! And yet I am procrastinating hardcore, must get better at that.

After watching the documentary Food Inc, on Friday the husband and I have decided to make some changes. We are going to look into finding local sources for our meats (as we have no inclination to go Veg) and we are going to be building some raised beds by following the book Square Foot Gardening. This should yield healthy, bountiful veggies & fruits to sustain us. I'll be doing a lot of reading on how to garden and how to can & freeze fresh produce. I'll also be looking for ways to make our own sour cream and other such dairy products using local raw milk. Not only will this help us in saving money but it means we are not contributing the meat manufacturing machine that is creating our foods today. I highly recommend watching this documentary to everyone. One person at a time is how change is made and unless these companies know that the consumer does not want their corn fed, antibiotic, e-coli, genetically modified meats, they will continue to do what they are doing and at a great price to us, our children and the workers on these "farms".

Now then, I promised I would take a stripped down exposed and honest picture of myself, so I set up my camera with the self timer in the bathroom and took a few snapshots. Now I know most people will look at this picture and say, what the hell do you need to work out for? Well exercise isn't just about losing weight or slimming down (and I'll be the first to say I could really use to gain a few lbs!) it's also about being firm, fit and healthy. I have to say I have felt better by exercising 4-6 times a week than I have felt in a long while. I am also taking supplements which include Dr Christophers kid-e-calc & kid-e-trac as well as my Omega 3 fish oils. These have made a huge impact in a very short amount of time. I plan to keep up with the monthly photos the workout plan & the supplements. I can't wait to see the physical changes that I am already feeling. I have also discovered that if I don't have time to spend on a 30-50 min work out that 10 minutes on the trampoline gives me a great leg & butt workout as well as awesome cardio! In fact I think I may just have to go hop on the trampoline today while the sun is out :) Ok ok no more stalling here is me (headless woo!)

No comments:

Post a Comment