Wednesday, June 30, 2010

week 5 day 1

You are my bitch! Today's run was 3 intervals of 5 minute jog-3 minute recovery walk. Each jog is exactly 2 laps which means 1) it's easy to push myself knowing where I'll get to be able to walk and 2) I am averaging about 11mph, not too bad! But damn, that last lap of the last run is torture, pure hell I tell you. I thought I was going to pass out as I came around the bend to finish the 1st half but I pushed it and mentally yelled at myself the rest of the lap. I refused to give up or quit, telling myself that if I could conquer week 4 then I could conquer any of the other runs. Man was I happy to finish that final lap and be able to walk though.

Next run is 2 intervals of 8 minute jog with a 5 minute walk and then day 3 is the big 20 minute straight run. 10 laps of torture that in some ways I hope will be done here in WA where it's cooler while the other part wants it to happen in SC b/c that'll mean I am on vacation. The thought of making that 20 minute jog in the heat and humidity of the south is rather intimidating however.

2 comments:

  1. Running in heat and humidity sucks, but it's doable. Either do it early in the morning or in the evening. DH and I are on a similar schedule, this week is 5 minutes running/4 walking, 3 intervals. Next week will be 6 and 3. The past two weeks, it was 85 degrees and about 70% humidity each time. Bleh. That last minute of running is REALLY hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea that's the plan is to get up early and run, much as I hate mornings but I'd rather not wait to run until 10pm so I'll just have to deal with waking up at like 5 am UGH.

    ReplyDelete