Monday, May 10, 2010

And I'm back!

I am BACK! Falling off the wagon is hard but it's even harder to get back on. I put on my yoga pants, sweatshirt, loaded up a podcast, tied my running shoes and drove up to the school track. Ok I had to go there anyways as my 13yo is on the track team. I waited until it was all clear and let the kids loose on the playground while I got my jog on. I restarted the C25K with week 2. I figured week 1 was going to be too easy and I was capable of doing week 2. First let me say running on a track is a million times better than rocky paved roads that are hilly. It's also a bit more private if you can imagine so no dumbasses whistling at me (and really why are you whistling at me? come on!) The podcast I loaded was a bit boring but it had several advantages to it over a stopwatch. 1--I can't cheat! There is no I'll start jogging after I make it to the top of this hill or walking after 75 sec instead of 90. 2--I am not obsessively checking the watch to see if I can stop. I just have to trust that it's going to tell me to walk when it's time and that I will make it that far. And you know what? I totally did. so 7 (I think it was 7) intervals of 90 sec jog and 2 min walking. Not too bad and I did them all without quitting on me. Doesn't seem like much to most people but I look back 4 weeks ago when I started this and I could barely handle the 60 sec jog, half the time I was stopping at 45 sec. 90 sec is a great accomplishment.

No I know you are only supposed to run every other day M-W-F but really I think I am going to do it M-T-W-Th and Friday if there are no track meets and Saturday maybe too which Sunday off. Or maybe I'll just do the 3 days and work on arms & core on my days off? Meh I don't know yet, I guess I'll just play it by ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment