Sunday, January 29, 2012

Motivation

I recently read a post by a woman who was crying out for motivation. She wanted other people to motivate her to lose weight and exercise. I see this kind of thing all.the.time. People are always looking for motivation from outside sources.

I am going to be honest and say this, NO ONE can find your motivation. NO ONE can motivate you to do what it is you *think* you need/want to do. Motivation? It's inside you! The only person who can motivate you is YOU. Either you want it or you don't. If you want it you will do it and achieve it. If you don't you will find excuses and seek motivation from others.

Now I do understand this frame of mind. Sometimes I just don't feel like eating this meal or going to the gym or whatever it is I am procrastinating. I'll say "someone please kick me in the butt, I need a little extra push today" But I know the only person who is actually going to kick me in the butt and give me that extra push is me. Why? It's simple. I am doing this for me. Not for facebook friends, not for a contest, not for my husband, it's all for me. And if doing it for me isn't enough to find the motivation then nothing will.

Stop asking for motivation from others and find it in yourself. Seek inspiration from others and motivate yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment