Wednesday, February 3, 2010

RCM Day 3: Meals on the quick!

I am so late in posting todays update, it was a crazy day! I finished knitting a gift for our CO's wife as they are transferring to Japan! ANd then I worked on a test knit sweater and then my sock club design, so busy productive day over here and that certainly required a quick & easy meal.

Tonight's dinner was veggie fried rice. Now what I love about this is I can get the kids to eat veggies and LIKE it, plus it's very minimal work. This recipe will serve about 4 and it goes great with frozen egg rolls (alas we had none tonight). I cook the rice an hour or so ahead to give it time to dry out just a little, wet rice doesn't fry well.

So you will need, 3 eggs, a bit of canola oil, wok or large frying pan, 2 cups rice (uncooked measurement), a small pkg of frozen mixed veggies, chopped ginger, minced garlic, diced onions, soy sauce & sesame oil. Tonight I cheated and used garlic powder, onion powder and ginger powder. I also do not measure anything, just taste as I go and adjust as needed.

Heat the oil in the wok and scramble the eggs. Remove eggs from pan and toss in the onion & garlic, cook 1 minute then add rice & ginger. Fry for a few minutes before adding soy sauce & sesame oil. Next add the veggies and cook until heated through, stirring constantly. Before serving stir in the eggs and enjoy!

Tomorrow is jell-o mold day. The kids are going to love that!

No comments:

Post a Comment