Thursday, February 4, 2010

The dangers of Cytotec

I found out today that our local Navy hospital is still administering cytotec (an ulcer medication) to induce labor. There have been many many reports on how dangerous this drug is and yet hospitals are still using it 10 years after much of the information came out. I can remember hearing about it when I was pregnant with my 9 year old son and the scary risks involved with using it.

Over the course of the next few days I will be gathering as much research and data as I can find on this dangerous drug and will be taking my finding with me to the hospital. Rather than creating new posts everyday I'll just be editing it all in to this one.

Maybe I can just assume they are ignorant and don't really know? I could bet $100 that they aren't fully informing their patients of the risks associated with this either. Informed consent is such a fucking joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment