Thursday, July 22, 2010

oh, ouch, that's a bit sore

and I am happy about it! Yesterday was day 3 of BFL, day 2 of the strength training. My first day was kind of meh, didn't really feel it (all upper body). Yesterday was lower body + abs. Let me say using wts (and I went up to a total of 30lbs on these 2) for lunges and squats is KILLER. Doing crunches on a decline bench with wts? Also seriously killer. I woke up this morning feeling a bit sore and thinking, it's about damn time a workout made me hurt!

The rest of the day was spent traipsing around trails and waterfalls at the bottom/middle of Mt Rainier. It helped stretch out the sore glutes/hammies/quads but did nothing for my screaming abs. Now that I am home in bed (after a 14 hour day ugh) I am really feeling the burn. I think I may just be in love with this program and now that I have some heavier weights I am ready to attack the upper body again tomorrow.

I have just 2 more "tools" to add to my new gym, 1 is a stationary bike for the intense cardio for BFL and the other is fun + exercise in the form of hoop dancing. A friend recently turned me on to hooping and I have gone gaga over it. I cannot wait to get my hope and videos from hoopnotica.com and give it all a try. I have a feeling I'll be making excuses to get out to my space and hoop ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment