Monday, August 2, 2010

15of 84

I have successfully completed the first 2 weeks of the 12 week Body For Life challenge. I have been struggling with designing the perfect workout for my weight days as I am limited on what exercises I can perform without a gym or gym equipment but getting a darn good workout none the less. My biggest challenge is making sure I am eating 6 times a day and since I generally hate breakfast I have a hard time starting my day off right. I think I may switch it up and add a scoop of protein shake to my morning coffee, workout and then have breakfast.

I just got an elliptical so I will be able to add in the intense cardio plan. To add to my overall body fitness (and just for the pure fun of it!) I have started hooping. This is the most fun I have had in awhile and it's very addicting. I am loving learning how to move the hoop around, do tricks, dance. It really is a full body workout + cardio! I am trying to limit myself to hooping only on my cardio days but now that the kids are also getting in to it I want to hoop everyday!

I had weigh in this morning and I am not sure I like what I saw. 129.2lbs. Ermm huh? I am hoping it's just muscle built but this has been the ongoing battle, lose 3 lbs gain 2 back. Part of me really wants to toss the scale and only weigh in once per month but the other part of me obsessively checks my weight 1-2 times a day and can't seem to let go. Why the obsession with what's on the scale when I know that isn't what really matters? I seem to have fallen into that weight trap and I don't like it not one bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment